As a machine learning researcher working on deep learning, natural language processing (NLP) and deep reinforcement learning (RL), I have broad interests in language understanding and generation, deep generative models, representation learning, multimodal seq2seq applications, etc.
I am actively seeking for Ph.D. opportunities and open to collaborate. Please check my technical blogs or drop me an email.
- The University of Edinburgh
- MSc, Artificial Intelligence (with Distinction)
- Thesis title: Discovering spelling variants on Urban Dictionary
- Supervisor: Dr. Adam Lopez , Naomi Saphra
- Beijing Information Sci & Tech University
- BSc, Computer Auditing (Data Science track)
Yekun Chai, Shuo Jin, Xinwen Hou. Highway Transformer: Self-Gating Enhanced Self-Attentive Networks. In submission 2019
Yekun Chai, Naomi Saphra, Adam Lopez. How to Evaluate Word Representations of Informal Domain?. arXiv 2019. [code]
Machine Learning Research Associate
Mar. 2019 - present
@Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA)
- Research on deep learning, NLP and deep RL.
- Develop Deep RL agents on human games.
Machine Learning Research Engineer (NLP)
Nov. 2018 - Mar. 2019
@JD AI Research of JD.com, Inc.
- Responsible for the NLU section of task-oriented spoken dialogue systems.
- Train and deploy tensorflow models online in Java.
- Playing Real-time Strategy games with Deep Reinforcement Learning
- @CASIA (present)
- Reproduced a deep RL agent like Quake III Arena Capture the Flag
- Mastering Turn-based Strategy games with Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Developed a AlphaStar-like neural architectures, including ResNet, Transformer, Pointer Net, Transposed CNNs, CoreLSTM modules and scatter connections.
- Natural Language Understanding in Task-oriented Spoken Dialogue Systems
- @ JDAI
- Discovering spelling variants on Urban Dictionary
- @ UoE MSc thesis [pdf]
- Probing word-level and character-level representation on sentiment analysis
- @ UoE MLP project [pdf]
Honorable Mention of Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), 2015